Frontline: Developing Future Leaders
This program is an intensive five day residential program held at the Australian Institute of Police Management. It is a professional development opportunity for both operational and non-operational personnel who have demonstrated leadership potential through workplace activities and community involvement.
The program focus is personal growth. Participants work with recognised industry leaders to explore their individual strengths, increase their understanding about effective leadership and refine strategies for improving personal performance. Group work and social activities will provide opportunities for developing and strengthening professional networks.
The collaborative learning model on which the program is based includes interactive seminars, case studies and personality profiling, supplemented with experiential activities and reflection. Industry leaders present the latest thinking about leadership, personal development and organisational effectiveness. A major syndicate project is an integral part of the program. This activity is designed to challenge thinking and stimulate ideas about new ways of achieving results with people. The success of this project also depends on how effectively members can work as part of a high performance, task focused team.
Who should attend
Operational and non-operational personnel with demonstrated leadership potential.
Benefits for Agencies
Agencies nominating program participants benefit from:
- Increased motivation and organisational commitment;
- Greater preparedness for dealing with challenges and changes in the public safety sector;
- Increased self awareness;
- Strong professional networks; and
- Enhanced leadership skills
Benefits for Participants
Program participants benefit through development of:
- A clearer understanding of individual leadership capacities and styles;
- An increased awareness of how individual personality influences behaviour;
- Professional networks and strategic alliances which will enhance personal development, mentoring and inter-agency liaison; and
- Enhanced awareness of significant issues facing the fire services and other public safety organisations.
5 day residential workshop
30 April – 4 May 2018
3 – 7 September 2018
t: +61 (0) 2 9934 4800