The Strategic Command Program (SCP) aims to provide senior operational personnel with competencies and capabilities to manage operations beyond incident command, at Zone, Regional and State levels, by providing strategic operational management and leadership. The intent is to prepare officers for those occasions where they may be required to:
- oversee multiple incidents concurrently
- assess the competence of Incident Controllers and incident response more generally
- anticipate and manage the critical interplay of political and strategic concerns which that can create issues for senior leaders at key times during incident response.
Who should attend
Senior leaders with the strategic operational management and leadership capability to manage emergencies at zone, regional and state levels.
- Level 3 Incident Controllers (or equivalent) from emergency management organisations
- Police Officers at Superintendent rank
- EL2 and SES1 executives from other public safety organisations involved in government responses to extreme natural emergencies
- Discussion of the latest reflections and experiences from major emergencies
- Analysis of significant deficiencies in recent major emergency incidents
- Analysis of emerging online safety responses and changing public and political expectations
- Exploration of the relationship between organisational culture and strategic command approaches
- Understanding of the changing political–operational interface
The program has been developed by and is delivered in partnership with the Australasian Fire and Emergency Service Authorities Council.
5 day residential program
A$7,900 – ANZ Police Jurisdictions (includes GST)
A$7,900 – AFAC & All Other Agencies (includes GST)
3 – 8 June 2018
t: +61 (0) 2 9934 4805